The West Bengal government announced a long time ago that you have to link the Aadhaar card with the Khadya Sathi i.e. ration card if you have not linked yet then you will no longer get ration from the West Bengal government.
The main reason for linking Aadhaar cards with the ration card in West Bengal is to stop fraud. In West Bengal, many ration cards have been canceled so far, including multiple ration cards of one person and ration cards of the deceased.
The method of linking Aadhaar with the ration card is called e-KYC. You can do this e-KYC online and offline.
You will need to go to your ration store to link the Aadhaar with the food partner card offline. And to link online you can link through your mobile or by going to a cyber cafe.
Table of Contents
Documents required to link ration card with Aadhaar card
Below are the documents required to link the ration card with the Aadhaar card:
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number (Which is linked to Aadhaar)
How To Link Aadhaar Card With Ration Card West Bengal
1 . First of all visit the “Department of Food & Supplies Government of West Bengal” official website https://food.wb.gov.in/ to link Aadhar Card with Ration Card.
2. After opening the West Bengal Ration card official website you can see the “Link Aadhar and Mobile Number RC” click on it.
3. Now, select your ration card category from the list and enter your ration card number. and click on the search button.
4. You can see the ration cardholder details, In the column “Aadhaar card linking status” you can see if there is any Aadhaar card link with your ration card.
If “Aadhaar is not linked yet” then it means there is no link to Aadhaar card with your ration card.
If the text “Aadhaar is linked” means your Aadhaar card is linked to your ration card.
5. Now tick the box of “Link Aadhar and mobile number” and enter your Aadhaar Card number then click on send OTP button.
6. Enter OTP and click on the do e-KYC button.
7. Now Aadhaar details will be shown with your photo. And then click “Verify and Save”.
8. Now you will be asked “Do you want to update your mobile number?” If you want to update, click “Yes”, enter the new number and click on save it.
9. If you don’t want to update your mobile number then click on the ‘NO’ button.
10. Now you have successfully linked Aadhaar with ration card west Bengal.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
How can I link my Aadhar card with a ration card online?
At first visit food.wb.gov.in, enter your ration card and Aadhaar number. Now click on to send OTP. Fill in the OTP in the right place and click on the verify button. You can link the ration card with Aadhaar.